|
Michael Crabtree not charged in sexual assault investigation
Saturday, January 26, 2013, 11:52 PM
[General]
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree has been cleared by the San Francisco Police Department and is not being charged in a sexual assault allegation.
San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon released the following statement on Friday:
"The San Francisco Police Department -- Special Victims Unit completed and submitted a thorough investigation of the allegations against Michael Crabtree. Following a review of all the evidence, my office has determined that no charges will be filed against Michael Crabtree at this time."
Crabtree was interviewed Friday of last week for an alleged assault that was said to have taken place the prior Sunday.
The Niners wide reciever was described as cooperative during the investigation and said the off-the-field issue wasn't a distraction in the 49ers' 28-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship Game,2012 nike 49ers jersey.
"No distractions,49ers replica jerseys,Trent Williams out of Pro Bowl after nightclub fra, baby, it's football," Crabtree told NFL.com's Jeff Darlington on the field immediately after the game. "This is what I do for a living,Would Darrelle Revis have big impact on Packers. I play ball,The Complete Guide to the Baltimore Ravens in Super Bowl XLVII,new 49ers jersey by nike."
Now, the 49ers can focus on their next game: Super Bowl XLVII against the Baltimore Ravens.
UPDATE: "We are pleased to learn of the San Francisco District Attorney's announcement following a thorough review of the matter," said 49ers general manager Trent Baalke. "Michael and the team can now put this behind us and move forward."
|
|